National Piano Manufacturing Company (Boston)

The National Piano Manufacturing Company was established in 1910 in Boston, Massachusetts. The firm quickly became very successful and built a full line of upright pianos, player pianos, and baby grand pianos. The National Piano Manufacturing Company ultimately gained control of several prominent Boston makers including Conway, Briggs, Merrill, Norris & Hyde, Hallet & Davis and Wentworth. Like most Boston makers of the time, instruments by the National Piano Manufacturing Company were of very high quality. The firm was sold to the large firm of Jacob Doll & Sons in 1926. After 1926, Jacob Doll manufactured the upright pianos and player piano which were sold under the National Piano Manufacturing Company name, and their grand pianos were built by the Premier Grand Piano Company of New York. The National Piano Manufacturing Company was out of business before 1930 with the Great Depression.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

National Piano Manufacturing Company Advertisement Early 20th Century Advertisement For The National Piano Manufacturing Company, Boston