The Behr Brothers Piano Company was originally founded by Henry Behr in about 1880. Prior to establishing his own company, Behr was in partnership of Leopold Peck (of Hardman Peck Piano Company) from 1877 â 1879, forming the firm of Behr & Peck. After the partnership dissolved, Henry Behr went into partnership with his brother Edward to form the H. Behr & Brother Piano Company. By 1884, the firm had changed its name to Behr, Brother & Company, then to Behr Brothers & Company. Behr Brothers was a major contributor to the piano industry of the late 19th and early 20th Centuries. Industrial giant Kohler & Campbell took control of Behr Brothers in about 1910, and produced Behr Brothers Pianos well into the middle of the 20th Century. Based on the Behr Brothers pianos we have had come through our restoration shop over the years, they were well made and of very good quality.