Peter Andrew Wennerstrom was a fairly early pioneer in the American piano industry. In 1837, Wennerstrom is listed as being in partnership with Eric Lindell, operating under the name of Lindell, Wennerstrom & Company. Their workshop was shown as having the same address as the famous maker William Nunns, which was located at #1 St. John's Lane, New York City. The firm of Lindell, Wennerstrom & Company was dissolved somewhere around 1845, and Wennerstrom continued to build pianos under his own name. In 1846, Wennerstrom went into partnership with Gustave Bergquist to form the firm of Wennerstrom & Bergquist, which lasted until 1850. Wennerstrom went on to be a retailer of pianos, musical instrument, and sheet music, but there is no record of him manufacturing pianos after 1850.