Louis Schraidt is first listed as a piano maker in New York City in 1866. In 1867, Schraidt went into partnership with Adolph Hintz, forming the firm of 'Hintz & Schraidt'. This partnership was very short lived, and was dissolved the following year. In 1868, Schraidt went into partnership with Adam Schmitt, forming the firm of 'Schraidt, Schmitt & Company'. Schraidt, Schmitt & Company was fairly successful and well established by 1870. In 1872 the firm changed its name to 'Schraidt & Schmitt', but the partnership appears to have dissolved in about 1873. Schraidt went on to become a retailer of musical instruments, but there is no record of him building pianos after 1873.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
19th Century Advertisement For Louis Schraidt, Founder Of Schraidt & Schmitt Piano Company, New York City