Our Translated Sites: English Chinese

    Reed & Son

    Established in 1842, Alanson Reed was a major player in Chicago's music industry during the 19th and early 20th Centuries. Reed's Temple of Music was a large-scale music store in Chicago, offering all types of musical merchandise, including sheet music, and they manufactured a full line of pianos & organs which were sold under the name of A. Reed & Sons. Reed & Sons enjoyed great success and had a reputation of building very high grade instruments. By the 1920's era, Reed & Sons became a part of the large Steger & Sons Piano Company of Steger, IL.

    INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA