In 1860, George A. Allen began manufacturing pianos with Wade H. Jewett, forming the Allen & Jewett Piano Company. In 1869, Mr. Allen withdrew, and in 1870 Mr. R. B. Richardson joined Jewett, and the firm went by the name of W.H. Jewett & Company until 1885 when Richardson withdrew. That year, Jewett's two sons and nephew were admitted to the partnership. Wade H. Jewett died in 1895, and Jewett's nephew, Frank Jewett Woodbury, purchased the firm calling it the Jewett Piano Manufacturing Company. In addition to building pianos under the brand name of "Jewett", the firm also built pianos under the names of "Curtis", Woodbury", and "Berkshire". The Jewett Piano Manufacturing Company continued to build a full line of pianos and player pianos until the company closed in 1931 with the Great Depression.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Illustrated sales catalog from the Jewett Piano Manufacturing Company, circa about 1901