The J.W. Brackett Piano Company was established by John W. Brackett in 1857. Their factory and showrooms were located at 581 Washington Street, Boston. J.W. Bracket built a number of unusual 'pedal board' pianos, which were upright pianos that incorporated an organ-type pedal board that would aide in organ practice. Brackett was a small firm, and his instruments were of very high quality. They are very scarce today. Apparently J.W. Brackett was out of business before 1890.