The Adler Manufacturing Company was originally established as the Adler Organ Company in Louisville, Kentucky sometime during the late 19th Century by Cyrus L. Adler. The firm began building high quality organs up until the turn-of-the-century era when they began to incorporate pianos into their product line. Shortly after the turn-of-the-century, the firm was incorporated at The Adler Manufacturing Company. Adler built pianos and organs under the brand names 'Adler', 'Loreto', and 'Southern Grand'. Instruments built by Adler were known to be of very good quality, and they were made affordable by aggressive financing and payment installment options. Adler pianos & organs were sold primarily through mail order and larger retail music stores throughout the United States. Adler went out of business in 1928.