The Windsor Piano brand was manufactured and sold by the large Montgomery Ward retail chain from about 1900 until about 1949. They were sold by the thousands in larger Montgomery Ward stores and in their sales catalogs with much of their success accredited to Montgomery Ward's aggressive financing plans. In addition to the Windsor, Montgomery Ward also produced a secondary line of pianos under the 'Clayton' brand name. The extant Windsor and Clayton pianos we have seen come through our shop are of excellent quality.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Early 20th Century Windsor sales catalog from Montgomery Ward Department Store, circa 1920