Henry Wilson was a very small manufacturer in New York City during the middle to late 19th Century. He is first listed as having a workshop at 50 Troy Avenue in 1850. Wilson primarily built square grand pianos and melodeons, and was producing about 50 instruments a year by 1860. Wilson's instruments were built with extraordinary quality and craftsmanship, and they were apparently a higher-grade, more expensive instrument in their day. In the late 1860s, Wilson moved his firm to 90 Pearl Street, Brooklyn, where he continued small-scale manufacturing until the last decade of the 19th Century.