The Werner Piano Company (also sometimes listed as “Werner Industries” on some pianos) was established in 1902 in Chicago. The original factory was located at Morgan and Superiors St. Based on extent instruments we see in our restoration shop, it appears that at first Werner primarily built upright player pianos. Werner also built upright pianos and player pianos under the “Maynard” brand label.
During the late ‘teens and early ‘twenties, M. Schulz took control of Werner Industries at which time they introduced small grand and baby grand player pianos equipped with the “Aria Divina” player mechanism used in most Schulz instruments.
The Werner brand name appears to have been discontinued just before the Great Depression era.