Victor Piano Company
The Victor Piano & Organ Company was established in Chicago in 1891 by the Bush Brothers and Walter Lane. In 1904, the firm was changed to the Bush & Lane Piano Company, although the Victor brand name continued to be produced. By 1905, the factories were relocated to Holland, Michigan.
Victor/Bush & Lane was known for building exceptionally well made, heavily-built pianos that were extremely durable. The firm was made up of a group of industry experts who tirelessly studied the science of piano manufacturing, constantly improving their instruments in order to offer the finest quality pianos possible.
Bush & Lane offered a full line of upright pianos, player pianos, and grand pianos, all higher grand instruments that were sold all over the United States. Bush & Lane was especially well known for their elaborate cabinets and lavish use of exotic and rare woods. Along with the Victor and Bush & Lane brand names, the firm built pianos under the names of “Farrand Piano Company”, “Cecilian Piano Company, “Paulus Piano Company” and “Oxford Piano Company”. The Bush & Lane Piano Company went out of business before 1931 due to the Great Depression.