The United Piano Makers firm was a larger manufacturer of pianos in New York City in the later part of the 19th Century. The firm is first listed in 1864 at 86 Walker Street. The firm was affiliated and apparently controlled by William A. Pond, one of New York's more illustrious piano manufacturers. Although the firm produced pianos sold under their own name (primarily square grand pianos), they also specialized in building pianos for small independent piano dealers across the country who would affix their own names to the instrument. By 1870, the firm had moved to larger factories on Bleecker Street in New York City. As the popularity of the square grand piano waned by the end of the 19th Century, the firm's success began to diminish in the 1870s. It appears that The United Piano Makers firm went out of business in the early 1880s.