The Strich & Zeidler Piano Company was established by William Strich in 1889. Their factories were first located at 134th Street in New York City before moving to East 136th Street in the 1920's era. Strich & Zeidler was known for building extremely well made, high priced pianos in elaborate styles and finishes. Strich & Zeidler also built pianos under the 'Homer' brand name. Homer was built as an affordable alternative to the costlier Strich & Zeidler brand name. Although they built pianos in modest numbers, they enjoyed a great deal of success until going out of business with the Great Depression. All Strich & Zeidler pianos we have seen come through our shop have been exceptional overall.