The Seybold Piano & Organ Company was established in 1903 in Elgin, Illinois. Seybold was controlled by the E.P. Johnson Piano Company. The firm was known for building high quality pianos and organs at an affordable price. They had a very good reputation in the industry. Along with building pianos and organs under the Seybold name, they also built pianos under the Curtice brand name. Seybold went out of business in about 1930 with the Great Depression.