Charles Frederick Schuler was a small-scale piano builder in New York City during the latter half of the 19th Century. It appears that Schuler began his career sometime around 1860, and is listed at 178 Prince Street in 1866. In 1869, Schuler went into partnership with Ferdinand Ludke, establishing the firm of "Ludke & Schuler". This partnership was short lived and was dissolved in 1870. Pianos built by Schuler were known for being of very good quality, 'possessing a superior tone'. Schuler enjoyed moderate success during the 1870s, and added organs to his product line in about 1885. Sometime in the 1880s, John M. Schuler, presumably the son of C. F. Schuler, was listed as being involved with the firm, and pianos were being built under his name. In the early 20th Century, the Schuler name was being manufactured by the Christman Piano Company of New York under the direction of John G. Schuler, presumably the grandson of founder C. F. Schuler. The Schuler name was discontinued before the Great Depression era.