Richmond

The Richmond Piano Company was originally established in 1878 in Richmond, Indiana.  Shortly after the turn of the century, Richmond was absorbed into the famous Starr Piano Company of Richmond, Indiana. Richmond pianos were produced as an affordable alternative to the costlier Starr brand, and were sold along side Starr in their retail stores and sales catalogs. The Richmond Piano Company produced very good quality pianos at affordable prices. The Starr Piano Company was one of the few American piano manufacturers to survive the Great Depression without being absorbed into a larger conglomerate, and they continued to produce Richmond pianos until about 1950

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Richmond Advertisement

Early 20th Century featuring the Richmond brand player piano by the Starr Piano Company, circa 1913

RELATED INSTRUMENTS

$12,800 After Total Restoration
1897 | Sold