The F. Radle Piano Company was established in 1850 in New York. Their factories were located at 383 Lafayette Street during the 19th Century. The company started out as a retailer and small manufacturer, building a number of organs, square pianos, and upright pianos. As the turn-of-the-century approached, the firm began phasing out square pianos and organs and increasing production of uprights and baby grands. In the first part of the 20th Century, the firm was being managed by E.J. Radle, son of the founder, and factories were moved to West 36th Street. The F. Radle Piano Company manufactured pianos under the Fleischer name, offering Fleischer as an affordable alternative to the costlier F. Radle brand. The F. Radle Piano Company went out of business in 1931 with the death of E.J. Radle.