The Lagonda Piano Company was established about 1900 in New Castle, Indiana. Lagonda built a line of upright pianos, player pianos, and baby grands throughout the first quarter of the 20th Century. Lagonda was controlled and manufactured by the Krell-French Piano Company, then later by the Jesse French Piano Company. The Lagonda name was marketed as an affordable alternative to the costlier Krell-French and Jesse French brand names. We have seen several Lagonda pianos come through our shop over the years, and they are very well made instruments. The Lagonda name was discontinued in about 1950.