The firm of Kenaga & Peterson was established sometime around 1850 by John Kenaga and Charles Peterson. Their factory was located at 195 & 196 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY. Kenaga & Peterson built a line of high quality, custom made square grand pianos until sometime around the Civil War era. They were known for building instruments of incredible quality and craftsmanship. Being a small-scale firm, they never built pianos in large volume and their instruments are exceedingly rare today. Pianos by Kenaga & Peterson are of museum caliber, and deserve the finest restoration available.