(SEE ALSO CABLE-NELSON) The “Dulcitone” brand was built by the Cable-Nelson Piano Company as an affordable alternative to costly Cable-Nelson brand player pianos while offering a high-quality instrument. Cable-Nelson was a very successful manufacturer known for building very well made instruments. In addition to the “Dulcitone” brand, Cable-Nelson built pianos under the names of Fayette S. Cable, Cable-Nelson, Radcliffe, Lakeside, Sweetland, and Boller.
Cable-Nelson was taken over by the Everett Piano Company in the 1920's and the “Dulcitone” player piano line was taken over by the Jacob Doll Piano Company. Jacob Doll continued to build the “Dulcitone” brand name until the Great Depression.