John W. Dingle was a very small scale piano maker in the 19th Century. He is first listed in partnership with James Steedman in the firm of 'Dingle & Steedman' in 1864. Their firm was located at 40 West 18th Street, New York City. In 1865, Dingle left the partnership in order to establish his own firm at 70 Eldbridge Avenue, New York City. Dingle built pianos of very high quality on a limited scale, and they are exceedingly rare today. John Dingle continued as both a manufacturer and piano dealer in New York City until the 1870s.