Cummings, Laurence P.

Laurence P. Cummings began as a piano dealer in New York City around 1850. His first shop is listed on East 13th Street in about 1853. In 1854, Cummings went into partnership with brothers Napoleon and Francis W. Haines, establishing the firm of Haines Brothers & Cummings. Their factory was located at 116 Third Avenue, New York City. This partnership only lasted until 1855, at which time Cummings went back to building pianos under his own name. In 1857, Cummings went into partnership with Ardon Canfield, forming the firm of Cummings & Canfield until 1864. In 1865, Cummings went into partnership with John Jennys, forming the firm of Cummings & Jennys. Laurence P. Cummings left the piano industry in about 1870 to become a full time minister.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Cummings Piano Advertisement 19th Century Advertisement For Laurence P. Cummings, Piano Maker, New York City