The Lindenberg Piano Company was originally established in 1904 as the Columbus Piano Company in Columbus, Ohio. The name of the firm was changed to The Lindenberg Piano Company in about 1915. Lindenberg was a smaller scale manufacturer during the first quarter of the 20th Century. The firm built higher quality pianos and player pianos under the names of Lindenberg, Columbus, Wondertone, Convertola, Columbia, and Boudior. The firm went out of business well before the Great Depression.
Today, instruments by Lindenburg and Columbus Piano Company are a bit rare which indicates that they were not sold in massive numbers. The few Lindenberg and Columbus made instruments we have seen come through our shop have been consistently very well made pianos.