Christopher, William H.
William H. Christopher was a small-scale piano maker during the 1840s and 1850s era. He is first listed as a partner with Wales Grow in the firm of Grow & Christopher in 1847. Their workshop located at 130 Avenue 3, New York City and they were both a retailer and manufacturer of pianos and possibly melodeons. The firm built primarily square grand pianos both under the names of 'William H. Christopher' and 'Grow & Christopher', and their instruments had a reputation of being built with superb craftsmanship. The firm was dissolved in 1857 when William Christopher left the piano industry to pursue other business interests.Return To Brands
William Christopher Advertisement
19th Century Advertisement For William H. Christopher, Piano Maker, New York City