The "Cadillac Piano" was a line of high quality pianos and player pianos built and sold by the Farrand Piano Company of Detroit, Michigan. The Farrand Piano & Organ Company was originally founded in 1883 as The Detroit Organ Company in Detroit, Michigan. In 1887 the firm was purchased by C. J. Whitney and E. S. Votey and the name of the firm was changed to "Farrand & Votey". In 1897 the name of the firm was changed to "Farrand Piano Company", and their concentration went from building primarily organs to building pianos and player pianos.
Instruments by the firm were known to be of very good quality, and were generally of a higher grade overall. By the 'teens and 'twenties era, player pianos built under the names "Farrand - Cecilian", "Farrand" and "Cecilian" were manufactured by the prominent Bush & Lane Piano Company, but it seems that the "Cadillac Piano" continued to be manufactured by the Farrand Piano Company based on surviving instruments we have seen come through our shop.