The Fayette S. Cable Piano Company was established in 1903 when Fayette S. Cable, brother of H.D. Cable (Cable Piano Company) and Hobart M. Cable (Hobart M. Cable Piano Company) purchased the Lakeside and Sweetland Piano Companies. Nelson joined the firm in 1905, and the name changed to the Cable-Nelson Piano Company. Pianos were built under the names of Fayette S. Cable and Cable-Nelson for decades throughout the 20th Century, and their pianos are fairly plentiful today. Cable-Nelson was taken over by the Everett Piano Company in the 1920's, and continued to build the Cable-Nelson and Fayette S. Cable names until the 1980's. All older pianos by the Cable family are generally of very good quality.