The Brooks â Evans Piano Company was established in Minneapolis by Elmer A. Brooks in about 1910. Brooks-Evans was primarily a large music retails in the Twin Cities area, but they also sold a line of pianos under the 'Brooks â Evans' brand name. Research shows that the majority of pianos sold under the Brooks â Evans brand name were actually built under contract by the Haddorff Piano Company. It isn't clear whether or not Brooks â Evans actually did manufacture any of their own pianos. In addition to the Brooks â Evans line, the firm sold several other high-profile brand name instruments and enjoyed a stellar reputation in the music industry. There is no mention of Brooks â Evans after the Great Depression era.