SEE ALSO: PACKARD
The Bond Piano Company was established in 1911 in by the Packard Piano Company of Fort Wayne, Indiana. Mr. S. B. Bond was the President of the illustrious Packard Piano & Organ Company when it was established in 1871, followed by his son Albert S. Bond in 1879. Albert Bond became an important figure in the fast growing Packard Piano Company, working his way up to Packard’s General Manager by 1886.
In 1911, the “Bond” brand label was introduced by Packard as a less costly alternative to the expensive “Packard” brand name. Instruments sold under the “Bond” label were not as elaborate as the more expensive “Packard” models, but they still offered a very high quality instrument at an affordable price.