The Allison Piano Company was one of England's older and more renowned piano manufacturers. The firm was established in 1837, with factories located at 50 New Bond Street, London. During the 19th Century Allison built a full line of square grand, upright and grand pianos. By the turn-of-the-century, their square pianos had been discontinued and a line of very well made player pianos had been introduced to their line of instruments. Allison was known for building very good quality pianos, and they enjoyed great success for well over a century. During the 20th Century, the Allison Piano Company was purchased by the Chappell Piano Company of England. Chappell continued to build the Allison brand name until about 1959.