J. Pirsson was one of the original member of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra (as a double bassist), and his home was a frequent gathering place for chamber music ensembles during the 1840s.
This lovely piano is a classic example of pre-Civil War piano manufacturing in America. This lovely square piano was built by J. Pirsson in about 1845. The piano is made of endangered Brazilian Rosewood and is made in a beautifully simplistic Empire Revival style. Pianos from this period have a light, delicate “forte-piano” tone quality which makes them ideal for earlier music like Mozart, Haydn, etc. The piano is being restored to like new condition, inside and out. Computerized player mechanisms can be included if desired.