The Taber Organ Company was originally established as the Worcester Organ Company of Worcester, Massachusetts in 1875. In 1890 the name was changed to Taber Organ Company. The firm was known for building very elaborate, ornate organs which were at the height of lavish Victorian style. The musical quality of these organs was equally as impressive as their aesthetic appeal, and the firm enjoyed an excellent reputation. There is no mention of the firm after about 1910, indicating they went out of business shortly after the turn-of-the-century era.