Willis & Company
Willis & Co. was established in 1884 by Alexander Parker Willis in Montreal, Canada. Willis & Co. began as a piano retailer, and pianos labeled as “Willis & Co.” were built by other manufacturers under special contract. In 1907, Willis & Co. bought controlling interest in the Lesage Piano Company and the firm began manufacturing “Willis & Co.” brand pianos full time. (Lasage sold all remaining interest to Willis & Co. in 1911 and started producing the Lasage name independently of Willis & Co.)
Willis & Co. became one of Canada’s leading piano manufacturers and built pianos under the names of “Willis & Co.”, “Alexandra Piano Co.”, “Carlton Piano Co.”, "Denholm Piano Co.”, and "Handel Piano Co.” pianos. Willis & Co. also acquired the Newcombe Piano Company brand name when Newcombe closed in 1926.
Willis & Co. continued to prosper for several decades, ultimately closing their doors in 1978.