The R. S. Williams Piano Company was originally established as the Canada Organ & Piano Company in 1873. Richard Sudgen Williams took full control of the company in 1888 changing the name of the firm to The R. S. Williams Piano Company of Oshawa, Canada. In 1909 the firm was known as "R. S. Williams & Sons, Ltd", with Frederick W. Bull as co-owner. Pianos built by the R. S. Williams firm were highly regarded among the Canadian Piano Industry as being very well made, good sounding instruments. In addition to the "R. S. Williams" brand name, the firm produced pianos under the names of "Sudgen Piano Company", "Beethoven Piano Company", "Canada Piano Company", "Ennis Piano Company", "Everson Piano Company", and "Krydner Piano Company". The firm went out of business in 1932.