(SEE ALSO: EPWORTH)
The Williams Piano & Organ Company was established in 1855 by J.W. Williams as the J.W. Williams Company, and in 1884 the name was changed to J.W. Williams & Sons. The firm incorporated as the Williams Piano & Organ Company in 1889. They built a large, state-of-the-art factory at Fullerton Avenue in Chicago where both their pianos and reed organs were built. Williams enjoyed a very good reputation for building higher quality, durable instruments. They built pianos and organs under the brand names of Williams & Sons, Epworth, and Pennington. The firm was out of business before the Great Depression.