The Wilfred Piano Company was established in 1913 by partners H.C. Frederici, William S. Heslop, and Jacob Skubis. Wilfred was a small company in New York City, and they expanded in 1916 by purchasing the Keller & Sons Piano Company. Their factories were located at 156th Street and Whitlock Avenue, NY. The Wilfred Piano Company continued to build pianos under the Keller & Sons name until the Great Depression. Both Wilfred and Keller & Sons was discontinued in about 1931.