The Wilbur Piano Company was established by Harry D. Pease and John D. Pease (of the Pease Piano Company) in 1895. Their factory was located at Legget & Randell Streets in New York City. Harry D. Pease was both President and Director of the Wilbur Piano Company while serving as First Vice President and Director of the Pease Piano Company. John D. Pease served as Secretary, Treasurer and Director of the Wilbur Piano Company while serving as President of the Pease Piano Company. The Wilbur Piano Company was to serve as an affordable alternative to be sold alongside the costlier Pease brand name while offering similar quality. The Wilbur Piano Company offered a full line of upright pianos, baby grand pianos, and player pianos during the first quarter of the 20th Century. By about 1910, the majority of Wilbur instruments were of the player piano variety. Pianos built by the Wilbur Piano Company are not terribly common today, indicating they may not have been built in massive volume like many other New York makers. There is no mention of The Wilbur Piano Company after about 1929, indicating the firm went out of business due to the Great Depression.