The Wentworth Piano Company was established sometime around 1880 as one of the better New England piano builders. Their factory was located at 41 Bristol Street, Boston. The Wentworth Piano Company specialized in building upright pianos until after the turn of the century when they incorporated a few grand and baby grand pianos into their product line. During the 1920's, the firm became affiliated with the large Jacob Doll Piano Company, with some of their baby grand pianos being built by the Premier Piano Corporation. Wentworth went out of business in the mid-1930's due to the stress of the Great Depression.