(SEE ALSO CABLE PIANO COMPANY)
The Wellington name was manufactured by the famous Cable Piano Company of Chicago. The Cable Piano Company was established in 1880 by H.D. Cable, who had originally been with the Western Cottage Organ Company (later changed to Chicago Cottage Organ Company). The Cable Piano Company was widely celebrated as a maker of fine instruments, and they were a major contributor to the American piano industry at large. The Wellington line was sold as an affordable alternative to the costlier Cable brand name, while offering comparable quality. In addition to Wellington, Cable built a number of brand names including Kingsbury, Schiller, Conover, and Euphona player pianos. Today, Cable made pianos are among some of the finest antique pianos we see come through our shop and they are well worth restoration.