Walker Brothers consisted of brothers Daniel & John Walker of New York City. In about 1828, Daniel Walker was listed as being in partnership with his father-in-law William Geib, operating under the name of Geib & Walker. The firm was a larger retailer of musical instruments and sheet music, and they also manufactured pianos.
John Walker also worked with the firm for several years throughout the 19th Century.
Gieb & Walker was dissolved sometime around 1843, and brothers Daniel & John Walker formed the firm of J & D Walker. J & D Walker was fairly successful, building quality instrument, until sometime around 1871 when Daniel Walker died. After the death of Daniel Walker, the firm was reorganized as Walker Brothers, which continued building instruments well up until the turn-of-the-century.
Daniel Walker is fondly remembered as one of the original founders of the New York Philharmonic.
J & D Walker Advertisements
19th Century Advertisements For J & D Walker Piano Company, New York City