United States Piano & Organ Company was established in 1856 by O.C. Whitney in Cleveland, Ohio. (Not to be confused with the United States Piano & Organ Company of New York City) Franklin L. Raymond joined the company in 1886, producing organs under the names of U.S. Organ Company and Whitney & Raymond. After 1886, the firm started building pianos in addition to their organs. In 1913, the Jansen Piano Company took over the firm and incorporated it as the Raymond Piano Company. The firm moved their factory to East 132nd Street in New York City. The firm produced pianos under the 'Langdon' brand name in addition to the 'Raymond' brand. The Raymond Piano Company went out of business with the onset of World War 2.