The Trowbridge Piano Company was established in 1888 in Franklin, Massachusetts by Mr. F. A. Trowbridge. Like most Boston firms, Trowbridge was known for building high grade, better quality instruments. Trowbridge started as a very small firm, but as the company grew, they added both the Edward piano brand and Florence piano brand to their product line.
Shortly after the turn of the 20th century, Trowbridge was absorbed into the large Henry F. Miller Piano Company. The Trowbridge factory was moved to the “Trowbridge” department of the Henry F. Miller factory. In 1920, the Continental Piano Company purchased The Henry F. Miller Piano Company and all its subsidiaries including Trowbridge. The Continental Piano Company discontinued the Trowbridge name in 1928.