The firm of Taylor & Dupuy was established In 1859 in New York City by Francis Taylor and Guitan B. Dupuy. By 1870, Taylor & Dupuy was producing about 50 pianos annually, and they had a reputation for building fine instruments of exceptional quality. Taylor & Dupuy enjoyed several years of success, and the partnership lasted until about 1881.
In 1882, Taylor admitted his son into partnership, forming the firm of Taylor & Son. Taylor & Son continued to build pianos and melodeons until the late 1890s.
After Taylor & Dupuy was dissolved, Dupuy went into business with his son, John S. Dupuy, forming the Dupuy & Son Piano Company at 42 Clinton Place, New York City. Dupuy & Son was out of business before 1890.