The St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company was an active maker of square grand and upright pianos in St. Louis, Missouri. The firm was established in 1864, with factories at South 11th Street and warerooms at 5th & Locust Streets. In the 1870's, the firm was producing an average of 300 pianos annually. Pianos built by the St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company were known to be elaborate, high quality instruments often made of lavish and exotic woods. Along with building pianos under the St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company brand name, the firm built a line of square grand pianos under the 'Bell Treble' name. Pianos built by the firm are quite rare today, and rarely found outside of the Midwestern United States. The St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company went out of business in 1883.