Shaw

The Shaw Piano was established in Erie, PA in 1890. In 1900, the famous Charles M. Stieff Piano Company purchased the Shaw Piano Company and moved their factories to Baltimore, MD. Shaw was known for building very high quality pianos, and they were sold along side Stieff pianos as an affordable alternative to the costlier Stieff brand while offering comparable quality. Stieff continued to be very successful during the ‘teens and ‘twenties, so firm decided to discontinue the Shaw name in about 1920.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Shaw Piano Company Advertisement Late 19th Century Shaw Piano & Organ Company Sales Advertisement, Circa About 1897

RELATED INSTRUMENTS

$20,000 After Total Restoration
1916 | For Sale
$11,500 After Total Restoration
1897 | Sold