The J.P. Seeburg Piano Company was one of the largest and most successful makers of coin pianos, nickelodeons and orchestrions of the early 20th Century. Established in Chicago in about 1907, the firm quickly became renowned for building extremely durable, attractive instruments. Today, their instruments are highly sought after by collectors all over the world. Seeburg also manufactured a line of pianos under the 'Marshall' name during the 1920's era. After the coin piano market declined in the early 1930's, Seeburg went into building jukeboxes and arcade machines well into the later part of the 20th Century.