Adam Schaaf established the Adam Schaaf Piano Company of Chicago in 1873. They were known for building higher grade, good quality pianos. By the turn-of-the-century, the company was controlled by sons Harry and Fred Schaaf. The firm was so successful that in the 1920's a new state-of-the-art factory was built at Fillmore Street, Chicago. Adam Schaaf produced a handful of brand names including Claritone and Orpheus, each offered as an affordable alternative to the costlier Adam Schaaf brand. Sadly, Schaaf's huge success did not carry them through the Great Depression, and the firm was closed sometime in the early 1930s.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Adam Schaaf Catalog 1906
Illustrated sales catalog featuring a line of upright and grand pianos by Adam Schaaf Piano Company, circa 1906