The Royal Piano Company manufactured a full line of upright pianos, player pianos and baby grand pianos during the late 19th Century through the first half of the 20th Century. Royal also built pump organs prior to about 1895. Royal was originally a division of the Krell Piano Company and was purchased by Werner Industries just before 1920. Royal was then purchased by the Starr Piano Company in 1927, allowing the Royal brand name to survive the Great Depression era. Starr continued to build pianos under the “Royal” label until about 1950.
Royal pianos are a bit rare today, and surviving pianos we have seen come through our restoration shop are consistently well made, good quality instruments.