John Ropelt, Sr., established the Ropelt & Sons Piano Company in Rochester, NY in 1892 along with his three sons George, Edward and Authur. The firm was known for building higher grade pianos at affordable prices, and they enjoyed a very good reputation in the industry. Around 1915, the piano builder William T. Pritchard joined the firm, and pianos were manufactured under the brand names Ropelt & Sons, Ropelt & Pritchard, and Clinton. There is no mention of the firm after about 1929, indicating that they did not survive the Great Depression.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Ropelt & Pritchard
Early 20th Century Sales Advertisements From Ropelt & Pritchard Piano Company, Circa 1920