The Regal Piano & Player Company was originally established as The Regal Piano Company in 1885. The Regal line was built and controlled by The New England Piano Company of Boston until it was acquired by the Smith-American Piano Company in 1889. The firm incorporated as The Regal Piano & Player Company in 1903. During the early part of the 20th Century, the firm became affiliated with Ricca & Sons, and their factory was located at 93-95 Southern Boulevard, New York City. The firm appears to have gone out of business with the Great Depression around 1930.